Last week one of our customers asked how to get a person who actually completed a manual activity. After some investigation, I’ve realized that the only source of that information is a history log of the manual activity.
I recently encountered an unusual issue when upgrading from Operation Manager 2012 SP1 to Operation Manager 2012 R2. Actually, update itself did not cause any problems, everything went well. However, after the upgrade each time when I ran the web console a window appeared with a proposal to do an additional setup.
Recently I was asked how to make a service request change its status from ‘Completed’ to ‘In Progress’ when a new activity was added as a last one in Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager. This customer said that it was required in some scenarios and told that it worked for change requests. The idea was to create a custom workflow to realize the required logics.
In this post I wrote how to manage GUID type of the script parameters. Now I want to present an example of such a scripts. Some of SCSM 2012 customers have noticed that ‘Actual End Time’ field of Change Requests is not being populated in the last version of Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager. I don’t know why the vendor has removed this workflow but sometimes this field is required in reports to assess the average (max, min) durations of different types of the change requests.
In my previous post I’ve described in detail what type of the parameter SCSM2012 Authoring Tool automatically assigns for the Powershell script’s parameter if this parameter is GUID (in that post it was ID of Service Request). And I mentioned that we needed to control the script’s text in XML file. That is definitely awkward and one of my colleagues has prompted me how to avoid that.