SCUtils Knowledge Base
By design, the default Service Manager 2012 portal includes the Help Articles page with a search bar and engine to unload articles in RTF format, which is very uncomfortable and not functional. There is also no possibility to rate and comment the articles on the portal that leads to inability to assess the articles and provide feedback to the authors instantly for the corporate end users.
SCUtils KnowledgeBase add-on addresses all mentioned above shortcomings of the default Service Manager 2012 portal.
Our solution is a web part for the SharePoint portal that allows to search, rate, comment, and view the article in HTML format.
The key benefits include:
- Ability to open knowledge articles in HTML format from the default Service Manager Silverlight web parts (Service and Request Offerings, etc.);
- Full-text search support;
- Search with wildcards;
- Search by the article ID;
- Lists of the most recent and most popular articles;
- Personal page for each article to make bookmarks and permanent links;
- Option to display knowledge article’s context on separate page;
- Ability to rate and comment articles on the portal;
- Caching engine for faster access for heavy load situations;
- Option to show an External Content’s URL;
- Option to open a knowledge article’s context in the same window;
- Customizable titles;
- Multi-language support;
- Compatibility with Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager, Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager SP1, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager;
- Affordable price.
Price of 1 license of SCUtils KnowledgeBase with one-year support - 2799 USD.
One license covers a single installation in one production environment and two additional development/testing environments.
SCUtils Knowledge Base Installation Guide v3.4.pdf
SCUtils Knowledge Base Demo Installation Guide v3.4.pdf